These can be added to almost any of the units I sell. They are optional upgrades and options that I customize your unit with during the building process. Not sure what you need? Contact me!
Operating system & software
- $50 Win 10 Pro (Win 7 is default).
- $50 Windows XP (for old software compatibility).
- $50 Office Pro.
- $100 PDF Editor.
Offline navigation & mapping
- $75 Road navigation with maps.
- $125 Satellite imagery for your region.
- $125 Topographic & back road maps.
- $150-300 Marine charts for fishing, sailing, cruising and more.
- $100 SSD (solid state drive) upgrade – fast load times, reliable, no moving parts.
- $75 GPS antenna 1 Hz or $125 GPS/GLONASS dual band 1 Hz antenna or $175 GPS/GLONASS dual band 10 Hz antenna.
- $75 Touch screen upgrade (available on 10, 13 inch models ONLY).
- $50-75 DVD & CD burner disk drive (available on 13, 14 15 inch systems ONLY).
- $50 Backlit keyboard (usually available only on the CF-29, CF-30, and CF-31, sometimes CF-19).
- $25 Bluetooth card – for wireless mouse or external speakers etc.
- $25 SD Card reader for transferring files from a camera etc.
- $40 Additional 2 x USB 3.0 ports via an ExpressCard expansion card.
- $50 RAM upgrade from 2->4GB, $75 4->8GB or $175 4->16GB (inquire about availability).
- $75 3G/4G/LTE WAN card with SIM slot.
- $50-150 HDD/SSD storage upgrade, for multimedia and other large files (depending on capacity).
- $125 Additional battery.
- $100 Dedicated graphics card for CAD or gaming applications (limited availability on some systems, inquire).
- $100 Second hard drive with a FULL SYSTEM IMAGE (backup).
- Inquire Second HDD caddy with another operating system and separate drive (fast to swap).
- $65 12V cigarette plug power adapter for car or boat. [TEMP INCREASE for 1 month due to COVID SUPPLY DISRUPTIONS, regular $55].
- $50 Second 110V power adapter (one is included for FREE).
- $125-150 Docking station or $275 complete vehicle arm mount.
- $100 Long range high gain external WiFi adapter.
- $175 AIS receiver with antenna (for marine applications).
- $125 External 500GB SSD for backup, or other purposes.
- $30 USB to 2.5″ SATA adapter cable – easily connect your old laptop’s hard drive and copy your files over.
Satellite phone & SOS
- $800 Iridium (Motorola) 9505A – this works anywhere in the world, requiring a SIM & subscription plan. It also allows for a slow 9600 baud rate Internet connection.
- $500 Qualcomm Globalstar GSP-1600 – has good coverage in North America. Also requires a SIM & subscription plan.
Extended hardware warranty
- 6 months is included for FREE.
- 15% of the total unit cost for each additional 1 year warranty term.
Contact me, and I’ll discuss them with you if you’re not sure what you need.